(The Registration Button is Below the Text.)
Virtual VITA class expectations
1. This is a fast-paced class. Anyone contemplating attending the class should feel comfortable using a computer with the ability to manage multiple tabs. We will be sharing PowerPoint presentations, but you may want to have other documentation on a separate tab. Ability to navigate a PDF document helps.
2. All class participants are expected to participate in class with cameras on and have the ability to share their screen if asked. If you are new to zoom, please view the zoom training videos available at "Show Me" Videos - Zoom Learning Center (learn-zoom.us). Please be aware of where you are while attending class and what may be visible behind you.
3. All class participants are expected to complete homework assignments outside of class. All class participants are expected to come to class with homework completed.
4. There are 4 three-hour sessions. All class participants are expected to take the sessions in order (session A, then session B, then session C and session D). Homework is assigned after each session, so a participant cannot be fully prepared for class unless they have completed the previous session.
5. All class participants are expected to ask questions on things they do not understand. This can happen in class, during a help session or via email. Questions can be sent to VITA@MyTrueProsperity.com.
6. This is not a tax law class. The focus of the class is to prepare participants to pass the Volunteer Standards of Conduct, Intake/Interview and Quality Review and Advanced IRS certification exams. Some tax law and some TaxSlayer tax software training is included in this class. The class relies on the IRS examples included in the Advanced IRS certification exam.
7. Class facilitators will review where exam answers can be found, but the answers to exam questions are not given. If class participants pay attention, complete homework, and take good notes, they should be able to pass the IRS certification exams.
8. Class facilitators will have breaks during the sessions.
9. Class facilitators will keep the class zoom sessions open the entire scheduled class time as long as there are participants logged in with cameras on. Any participants who do not choose to have their cameras on, risk being removed from the class. The same holds true for anyone who does not respond when called upon by facilitator.
10. Class participants who do not pass an IRS certification exam the first time are encouraged to reach out to their program lead before attempting to retake any exam.
Each class participant will have a printed copy of the 2023 Advanced Test questions from Publication 6744 handy for the class.
Each participant will sign up for one Session A, one Session B, one Session C and one Session D. The sessions must be taken in order (you cannot take Session B before taking Session A). The sessions do not have to be taken in the same week or time slot. For example, Session A could be taken in the morning and Session B could be taken in the afternoon in a subsequent week. The cost of the class is $35 per person. If you are volunteering with an organization and have been given the organization’s coupon code, your fee will be covered by the organization you will be volunteering with. If not, there is a self-pay option.
To register for the Virtual VITA training
Step #1 - Click ‘VITA Training’ in upper right corner of My True Prosperity page.
Step #2 - Information page will appear. Click ‘continue’ button.
Step #3 - Page to enter personal information. If you have a coupon code, enter the code in the box provided. Enter your first name, last name, email address and select sessions A through D. Please be sure that you will be taking the sessions in order.
Step #4 - Click ‘continue’ to get to the payment page.
Step #5 - Once payment is complete, an email will be sent to you with your registration ID and zoom meeting invites. Please keep your registration ID, since this is needed if you choose to reschedule any sessions. Check your email to make sure you received your Zoom links for your sessions. The emails may be in your spam folder. If you do not receive the Zoom links, please contact us at VITA@MyTrueProsperity.com.
Go to linklearntaxescertification.com and create an account (If you have certified before your prior year username should work, but you will need to create a new password). Only the account details that have an ‘*’ are required. Please leave other fields blank.
Go to https://vita.taxslayerpro.com/IRSTraining and use universal password: TRAINPROWEB. Create an account. If you are a returning VITA volunteer, your prior year account should still work.
Be sure you have the zoom invite for your first session.
Copyright © 2023 My True Prosperity LLC- All Rights Reserved.
A Female Minority Owned Organization